Greatpeople.me website was created by the company Kroger in the interests of the associates and employees of the company’s family of stores. This website enables Kroger’s employees to access Kroger and work-related information and news online through a secure portal.
Majorly, the news and information are about pay stubs, work schedules, and other work-related documents. Kroger has 24 branch stores, all of them come under one single tree of Kroger.
These stores are Cala Foods, City Markets, Copps, Dillons, FoodsCo, Fred Meyer Stores, Fry’s, King Soopers, Mariano’s Fresh Market, Metro Market, Pick n Save, Quality Food Centres (as known as QFC), Ralphs, Food 4 Less, and Smith’s Food and Drug, Barclay, Fox’s, Fred Meyer, Littman jewellers, Kwik Shop, Loaf ‘N Jug, and Quick Stop convenience stores.
What is Kroger?
Kroger is an American retailing company founded by Bernard Kroger in 1883, its headquarters is located at Downtown, Cincinnati, Ohio. Having $115.34 billion in revenue as of the fiscal year, it is the second-largest general retailer. Kroger is the seventeenth-largest company of the U.S. and as of today, Kroger operates through 2,766 multi-departmental stores.
Kroger is the largest store chain by revenue in the U.S and has bagged the position of third-largest retailer company in the world. It maintains markets in 35 states and the District of Columbia, with store types including hypermarkets, supermarkets, superstores, departmental stores, and some jewelry stores as well.
Grocery stores of Kroger are located in the Midwestern and Southern United States. Kroger is currently operating food processing units, supermarket fuel centers, pharmacy stores, and the Little Clinic in-store medical clinics.
Signing up on GreatPeople.me?
For signing up on GreatPeople.me you need to have a regular job at one or more of Kroger Corporation’s family of stores. Once you have joined the job, Kroger will provide you with Enterprise User ID and Password. The same username and password will be used to Log into your GreatPeople.me account.
Things You’ll Need
The below 4 things are required as a pre-requisite for logging into GreatPeople.me website.
- An active internet or Wi-Fi connection in your smartphone or laptop.
- The Kroger credentials i.e. the Enterprise User ID and Password.
Detailed Tutorial for Login | www.GreatPeople.me
Below is a step-by-step guide to successfully log in to GreatPeople.me website
- Download and install an internet browser. Here using Chrome is highly suggested from our side as the website runs without any glitch on Chrome.
- Search for GreatPeople.me in the URL bar. It is the official website of the company.
- Now enter the credentials i.e. the Enterprise User ID in the top column.
- Enter the password in the following column that Kroger gave you and click on ‘Sign in’.
- You will now be logged on to your Kroger’s official account. Now will be able to access Kroger and work-related information and news online on the go.
Since its launch, the website has proved to be of great help to the employees of Kroger. The website developer has come up with it as an on the go solution to every inconvenience of the Kroger employees by informing them everything online, enabling access to their data at one place and much more.
What does the Website aim?
- To help employees access Kroger and work-related information and news online.
- To update the Kroger employees about pay stubs, work schedules, timings, and other miscellaneous work-related stuff.
- To alarm them of any negative feedback from customers.
- To alarm the staff and workers in case anything is wrong.
- To create a collective and virtual environment for Kroger employees.
In April 2018, Kroger announced new investments concerning their workers, declaring new investments in a multitude of labor and job-related things such as benefits, wages, and education. Kroger stated that their sole aim is to create employment for 11,000 new positions including 2,000 management roles.
Kroger also mentioned that they are going to invest $500 million in the next three years on associate wages, training, and development. The official website of Kroger says that they will always live by these ‘Kroger’ Values: Honesty, Integrity, Respect, Diversity, Safety, Inclusion.
On April 15, Kroger ramped up the employee benefits, announcing several initiatives, including an education assistance program, accelerated investments in store associate wages, and a most importantly a generous 401(k) benefit. Kroger and its subsidiaries are now offering full time and part-time jobs where the associate can get a benefit up to $3,500 annually under a new education program, called Feed Your Future.
- As of 2017, Kroger’s employees count up-to a total of 443,000. That is quite large a number!
- In the year 2014, Kroger sold around 265 million cage-free eggs, accounting for a total of 11.3% egg sales.
- Back in 2014, Kroger paid over $1.6 billion to shareholders via stock buybacks and dividends.
- The retailer owned by Kroger is the largest florist in the world.
- Kroger is America’s favorite grocery store after Walmart. Public opinion survey company Morning Consult Intelligence had confirmed this.
- Kroger has the fifth position in the list of the largest supermarket chains in the world.
Having all the above schemes and plans observed, it looks like Kroger is taking special care of their associates and employees and that is one of the reasons why they started a website for their employees. This article would be concluded with a quote: “We care about our nearly half a million associates’ growth and development, and we believe investing in education will support and encourage lifelong learning and reinforce our ‘come for a job, stay for a career’ opportunity culture, We believe that making education benefits available to more associates and at more levels generous than ever before is the best way to support their future.” says Rodney McMullen, Chairman, and CEO, Kroger’s.